Halloween is fast approaching and Pittsburgh has been named one of the top places in the country to trick or treat. The official hours for Pittsburgh’s treat-or-treating is 5:30 to 7:30pm on Thursday, October 31st. We’ve got a list of the best candies to give out. Does your favorite make the list?
1. Snickers – Who doesn’t love nugat paired with caramel and chocolate? This classic remains a favorite.
2. M & M’s – With so many variations of M&M’s is hard to pick which kind to give out! Everyone loves colorful candy that is easy pop in your mouth one at a time or by the handful.
3. Skittles – Taste the Rainbow! Not only do they have a catchy slogan but this treat is loved by kids and adults.
4. Kit Kats – Wafers and chocolate. 1 piece or 4. Share or not. You can’t go wrong with this one!
5. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – Is there a better combination that peanut butter and chocolate? We think not!
The only question now is, do you hand out full sized versions of these candies or the miniatures? A full size candy bar always made our night when we were out in our costumes, but there are the pluses to the minis too (more variety!). No matter which route you decide to go, chocolate is always a winner with kids (and most parents too).