Top Valentine’s Day Gifts
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. It’s the annual day celebrating love and affection. It originated as a Western Christian feast day honoring one or more early saints named Valentinus, and is recognized as a significant cultural and commercial celebration in many regions around the world, but if you aren’t the cheesy public display of affection type, keep reading.
We’ve broken down a few sensible and useful gifts that you could turn to as reliable Valentine’s Day gifts. The choices are open to you, and you know your other half better than anyone (hopefully), but here is some inspiration.
- Chocolates – The tried and true classic – works for both males and females. Chocolates can go a long way to telling the person just how you feel and usually spells out that you, at the very least, remembered the event. Go the extra mile with some gourmet, handmade chocolates over the usual choices. Truffles, barks, fudge and other confections come in so many flavors. Choose your special one’s favorites or get adventurous with something that may become a new favorite.
- Event Tickets – Does your partner want to go and see a specific band? A comedian? Sporting event? Then get them the tickets. It could even be for a class they wanted to take, a hobby they want to try and improve at or even just something to do with their favorite hobby. It’s good to be thoughtful, and purchasing the tickets for them to go to an event they may have missed or wouldn’t have splurged on is a thoughtful gift.
- Memorabilia and Signed Items – Look around online or in your local stores and you can find something special that relates to their biggest passions on the planet. From a classic soccer shirt for your besotted boyfriend to a collector’s piece of art for your girlfriend, you can find that getting them a piece of memorabilia that ties in with what they are passionate about can be a nice touch. It’s a wonderful gift and shows that you really went that extra mile to secure something special.
- Romantic Getaway – Another classic that never fails. Find out where their most beloved location to visit is, and book a get-away for a romantic weekend together for Valentine’s Day. Or pick some where new that neither of you have been. Arrange dinner, things to and places to see while you are there. It’s an easy way to make sure that you both get to share your love of traveling with each other, strengthening your relationship.
- Special Surprises – From the cabaret band on the front door to a pianist playing you both onto the balcony, you can take that extra bit of time to book something a little more creative and create a grand gesture. It’s nice to take that extra step into the fantasy world, creating something that both parties can actively enjoy.
Whatever you decide on going for, take a little bit of time and a little extra effort to go the extra mile this year. While none of the above might be what you would consider quirky, if you need something that works and is a reliable Valentine’s Day gift, this is a good place to start. Throw in a gift that fit with their specific personality and preferences and you can nail Valentine’s Day in 2017!