Top 5 Destinations to Visit in Downtown Pittsburgh
When you’re in Pittsburgh there are certain must do’s if you want to fully experience the “Steel City”. From our sandwiches to our sports there are a lot of things this city is known for. Take your time to visit each of these iconic destinations to get the best Pittsburgh experience.
- The Point – Pittsburgh’s “Golden Triangle” is located at the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers, forming the Ohio River. The state park boosts 36-acres and is a National Historic Landmark. Over 3 million people visit the park annually and it is home to the Fountain, the Fort Pitt Museum, Fort Pitt Blockhouse, as well as playing host to many city events.
- Dinosaurs – From Dippy, located in Oakland, to the Mr Rogers dressed sculpture located at Fifth Avenue Place, Pittsburgh is home to hundreds of dinosaur statues. They are placed throughout the city and half the fun is seeing how many you can find.
- Market Square – A social hub of downtown Pittsburgh, this is also a historical spot. With the outdoor cafes, boutiques, and more this spot always has something going on. During the week you’ll find many workers and students having lunch here. Be sure to check out what special programs are going on during your visit.
- The David L. Lawrence Convention Center – You don’t need to be attending a conference to appreciate this building. The redesigned center opened in 2003 and was the first LEED-certified convention center in North America. From the space to the great views to the scrolling text on the building this is a can’t miss building in the city.
- PNC Park– What’s a trip to the Steel City without celebrating one of the sports teams? PNC Park has been named to numerous lists as being a great ball field. Baseball not your thing? Substitute this one with a visit to Consol Energy Center or Heinz Field.
Downtown Pittsburgh is a great city to visit no matter what your agenda is. It’s easily walk-able and is home to some of the best chocolate around. Refuel after you day with chocolate, ice cream and more at Sinful Sweets located in Pittsburgh’s Cultural District. It’s the perfect way to relax and recharge after your trip to downtown Pittsburgh!