It’s a Sweet New Year!
Happy New Year! It’s the second week of a new year and you are ready to try something new or maybe revisit an old favorite. Your preferred, classic chocolates are going to be your best option in sweet ‘16.
2015 was popular for candies, and other foods, that fell into the “healthy” realm with a focus on antioxidants, healthy fats, and local sourcing. Fast forward to 2016 where the high end, traditional flavors will take center stage.
- Champagne Truffles – There is nothing like ringing in the new year with a glass of bubbly. Make the whole month a celebration with chocolate champagne truffles. A rich chocolate filling blended with champagne and covered in dark chocolate might be just what you need to make it through a first few weeks of a new year.
- Cocktail Truffles – If champagne peaks your interests, there are a variety of other cocktail themed confections. From Pomegranate Martini truffles to Tequila Lime truffles there is a simple and sweet taste for every palate. If you are looking for something a little bolder, try bourbon, craft beer or whiskey themed chocolates.
- Cupcakes – Cupcakes and cake pops made a big splash a few years ago, but now that the trend is dying down you can find specialty stores still creating great flavor combinations or you can channel your inner child with a simple birthday cake flavor, if you’re lucky the icing will be in the colors of your favorite superhero.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries – Always a favorite gift to send to someone special, the chocolate covered strawberry. A simply perfect combination of sweet chocolate and juicy fruit. Get creative and order yours topped with cookie crumbles or your favorite candy crumbles.
- Nut Clusters – Nothing takes you back to the basics of candy like a traditional almond, cashew or pecan cluster. Make the option your own by choosing milk or dark chocolate and your choice of nut. For an added treat choose the popular chocolate turtle and enjoy the sweet, chewy caramel.
Make 2016 your best year yet and indulge in the classics or a variety of updated chocolate candies and truffles flavors. Whether you choose to go with a cupcake, chocolate covered strawberry, chocolate nut cluster you can find your perfect sweet at sinfulsweetspgh.com or in out downtown Pittsburgh location!