Fast Forward to Fall
The summer has been great, but around this time of year I tend to start looking forward to fall. The cooler temperatures, the start of football season, and the thoughts of the holidays just around the corner have always made this a favorite time of year for me. For those of you who are dreading this season, we’ve got a few times for making this transition a little easier.
1. Candy Apples – From caramel dipped to candy coated. These are a fall tradition! Even though you can find these year round, there is something special about the first bite of a crisp, gourmet apple on a fall day that takes you back to being a kid.
2. Tailgating – Straight from baseball to football season! Hopefully your baseball team is finishing strong and the pre-season of your favorite football team is looking good. This one is a no-brainer. Keep cheering on the home team!
3. Halloween – Halloween might be the most fun holiday of the year! Not only are there costume parties, trick or treat, and haunted houses, but there is candy! From candy corn to your favorite candy bar it is bound to be plentiful at this time of year.
4. Pumpkins – As in pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin beers, and of course, pumpkin pie! Nothing is better at ushering in the fall like sweet and spicy tastes that these very different items all have in common.
5. Great things to watch– Forget the summer blockbusters (and the flops), it’s time for a whole new round of action movies, comedies, and the return of TV series! What better way to spend time on cooler days then checking out a new flick or a night in watching your favorite show.
Not only are the above all great reasons to fall in love with the change of season, but have we mention that Pittsburgh fall weather is fantastic? Leave us a note with your favorite things and what you are looking forward to this autumn.